eco-oil is a registered organic miticide and insecticide.
It controls a range of problem insects including scale, aphids, two-spotted mite, whitefly, mealybugs and citrus leafminer. Safe for use on veggies, as well as ornamentals, with no withholding period. Spray and eat on the same day! Also safe for beneficial insects like bees, ladybeetles and earthworms.
eco-oil is now HIPPO Enhanced!
HIPPO Enhanced eco-oil is a revolutionary approach to pest control and is the results of a 3 year research project with Charles Sturt University.
The project investigated the natural defense mechanisms of plants, in particular the way plants produce volatile organic compounds when being attacked by pests. These compounds act as SOS messages to beneficial insects letting them know that tasty snacks are on nearby plants! A whole range of beneficial insects are attracted including ladybeetles, lacewings, hoverflies and parasitoids.
The HIPPO Enhanced eco-oil formulation replicates this defence mechanism by including these organic compounds into spray. The research clearly showed that the HIPPO Enhanced eco-oil will attract beneficial insects into the garden. Pretty amazing hey?
So use HIPPO Enhanced eco-oil to kill those troublesome pests and at the same time it will attract beneficial insects to help get your garden ecosystem into better balance.
- 100% plant oils – contains no petroleum derivatives like the other oil sprays
- Kills a broad range of common pest insects but remains safe for beneficial insects like bees, ladybirds and lacewings
- HIPPO Enhanced to attract beneficial insects into your garden
- Effective at low rates
- Reduced risk of foliage burn
- Perfect for organic pest control in the veggie patch
- No withholding period
- Registered Organic (Australian Organic)
- Made in Australia using locally grown plant oils
- GM Free
eco-oil can also be added to other sprays to improve their effectiveness. Technically it is using eco-oil as an adjuvant and here’s what it does:
- improves the sticking and spreading ability of the spray solution on the foliage. This is particularly useful when spraying waxy or hairy foliage and will improve overall spray coverage.
- slows the evaporation rate of the spray droplets giving more time for them to be absorbed by the plant. Makes both herbicides and foliar fertilising more effective.
- reduces spray drift by making the spray droplets more uniform in size (see the image below). Results in less risk of accidental damage to your treasured plants when using herbicides.
To use eco-oil in this way add 2ml per litre of made up spray solution and give it a shake before you start spraying. For example if you have made up 5 litres of a herbicide spray then add 10ml of eco-oil (5 x 2ml) and give it a shake.
Active Constituents: Emulsifiable Botanical Oils